GST rate on all Electric Vehicles reduced from 12% to 5% and of charger or charging stations for EVs from 18% to 5%
Hiring of electric buses by local authorities exempted from GST
Changes in GST rates shall be effective from 1st August, 2019
Posted On: 27 JUL 2019 12:59PM by PIB Delhi
The 36th GST Council Meeting was held here today Via Video Conference under the chairmanship of Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman. The meeting was also attended by Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Thakur besides Revenue Secretary Shri Ajay Bhushan Pandey and other senior officials of the Ministry of Finance. The Council has recommended the following:
A. GST rate related changes on supply of goods and services
- The GST rate on all electric vehicles be reduced from 12% to 5%.
- The GST rate on charger or charging stations for Electric vehicles be reduced from18% to 5%.
- Hiring of electric buses (of carrying capacity of more than 12 passengers) by localauthorities be exempted from GST.
- These changes shall become effective from 1st August, 2019.
- Last date for filing of intimation, in FORM GST CMP-02, for availing the option of payment of tax under notification No. 2/2019-Central Tax (Rate) dated 07.03.2019 (by exclusive supplier of services), to be extended from 31.07.2019 to 30.09.2019.
- The last date for furnishing statement containing the details of the self-assessed tax in FORM GST CMP-08 for the quarter April, 2019 to June, 2019 (by taxpayers under
composition scheme), to be extended from 31.07.2019 to 31.08.2019.