UPERC issued CRE Regulations today, with key features as
1. DSM shall be implemented for all RE except MSW and SHP. For solar as per UPERC (Forecasting, Scheduling and Settlement) Regulations 2018
2. Waivers of 50% of wheeling and transmission Charges for Captive and Third Party use. 100% waiver on transmission for Interstate sale. Waiver as per UP Solar Policy 2017, unless amended, policy allows benefit till useful life of plant as no sunset date specified for waivers unlike ED for which it is 10 yrs.
3. 100% Exemption of state CSS for Interstate sale of power for Captive/Third Party use
4. 15 min energy accounting of all RE plants and should be ABT compliant
5. 100% Banking of Energy for RE except for SHP and MSW and shall be as per technical feasibility specified by DISCOM
6. Withdrawal of banked energy as per TOD system only. No interchange of peak-offpeak banked energy
7. Banking as well withdrawal of banked energy shall be subject to day ahead Scheduling
8. Banked energy utilisation allowed upto next two quarters from the quarter in which energy is banked.
9. Unutilised banked energy to be treated as sale of electricity to discom @2 Rs/unit
10. Banking charges @6% of banked energy and shall be in Kind